Dear new philanthropists – Can messy be the new sexy?
Awesome blog post with advice for entrepreneurs looking to become philanthropists:
- No one will tell you, “Bad idea.”
- It’s hard to take a real risk the second time around.
- Your philanthropy is probably in a field that you don’t have deep gut understanding of.
- Start from the bottom
- What’s the unoccupied area?
- Ask yourself, “Why?”
- Confront power
- Beware the scale trap
- Forget about credentials
- Be humble
- Be on the front edge, the dangerous edge, of change